This is a research scholarship.
This scholarship package is $40,000 per annum for research students in the Faculty of Engineering in a bid to work in a disciplinary research team, the Australian Research Council (ARC) Research Hub Intelligent Robotics Systems for Real-Time Asset Management (ARIAM).
- Value: $40,000 per annum (for up to 3.5 years)
- Eligibility: Domestic and international students
- Programs: Master’s by Research or Ph.D. within the Faculty of Engineering
- Application Period: Ongoing
Engineering students who apply for admissions will automatically be considered for this prestigious scholarship. There is no need for a separate application.
Benefits The ARIAM Scholarship offers a stipend allowance of $40,000 per annum, with a fixed rate. The duration of the scholarship varies:
- Up to one year for successful Master’s by Research recipients, with no possible extension (full-time equivalent).
- Up to three years for successful Ph.D. recipients, with a possible six-month extension (full-time equivalent).
Eligibility Criteria To be eligible for this exciting opportunity, You must:
- Have an explicit offer of admission for full-time enrollment in a Ph.D. program or an unconditional offer of admission for full-time enrollment in a Master’s by Research program within the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sydney, with the intention to transfer to Ph.D. after Successful completion of the first annual progress evaluation.
- Hold at least an Honours degree (First Class or Second Class Upper) or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Withdraw applications for Research Training Program (RTP) funding, including any RTP Allowance, RTP Fees Offset (international applicants only), RTP Stipend, or RTP Scholarships after accepting this scholarship.
- International students have applied for your student visa before commencing their studies.
Background This scholarship presents eligible candidates with a great opportunity to join a multidisciplinary research team within the newly established Australian Research Council (ARC) Research Hub for Intelligent Robotics Systems for Real-Time Asset Management (ARIAM).
The ARIAM Research Hub is committed to training Ph.D. candidates in robotics, mechatronics, and computer science methods. These improvements have real-life applications, especially in the evolution of intelligent robotics systems that aid informed decision-making in infrastructure and asset management.
For more information visit https://www.sydney.edu.au/scholarships/b/ariam-research-hub-phd-scholarships.html