- Applications open: 9 am, Monday, 7 August 2023
- Applications close: 5 pm, Friday, 24 November 2023
- Payment per year: Up to $6,000
- Duration: Semester 1, 2024
- Program: Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Doctor of Clinical Dentistry
- Degree: Undergraduate
- Type of Scholarship: Travel Scholarships
- Available in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
- Available to current students
The scholarship was founded in 1980 by the University of Adelaide in honor of Professor Arthur Maxwell Horsnell, who served as Professor of Dental Science from 1959 to 1977. The fund was raised in 1980 by funds from the Student Education Exchange Scheme, and Professor Horsnell bequeathed additional funding in 1999 to sustain the scholarship.
- Be in the 4th or 5th year of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery or Doctor of Clinical Dentistry.
- Plan to visit an approved Dental School or another institution briefly.
- Have Australian citizenship, New Zealand citizenship, permanent residency in Australia, a permanent humanitarian visa, or be an international student.
- Be enrolled on a full-time basis.
The selection criteria include:
- Academic merit (GPA)
- The potential benefits to both the Adelaide Dental School and the student.
- Responses to questions on the application form.
- The applicant must fulfill all the conditions above.
- The scholarship must be used in the year it is awarded.
- Recipients must provide a written report to the Head of School after returning from their visit to the approved Dental School or institution.
- Students with other University of Adelaide Scholarships are eligible to apply.
Interested students can find the application form on the University of Adelaide website and ensure all conditions are met before applying.
For more information about this scholarship visit https://scholarships.adelaide.edu.au/Scholarships/undergraduate/faculty-of-health-and-medical-sciences/am-horsnell-travelling