The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking prospective candidates for the project funded by UNHCR (Livelihoods Project). The positions are local positions and are open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
Job Title: Livelihood and Empowerment Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Department: Atiku Center – Programs.
Employment Status: Full Time (Project)
Opening Date: November 18, 2019
Closing Date: December 2, 2019
Duration: 1 (One) Year
- Coordinating, leading and conducting rapid sectorial needs and market assessments in the field.
- Regularly monitoring field activities and provide timely inputs and feedback to the Senior Livelihoods & empowerment program officer.
- Assess the potential of the community to establish a community-based support system for vulnerable cases.
- Ensures liaison with communities, maintaining links with community representatives and elders, engaging consistently with beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders in the field.
- Responsible for logistical implementation of livelihoods goods, including the distribution of goods to the distribution point.
- Conduct training, awareness sessions and any other activities in the field as part of the implementation plan.
- Produce basic reports on distributions, success stories and case studies with beneficiaries.
- Closely liaise with Hub officers to seek synergies and ensure holistic program implementation and act as back-up of other officers in his/her absence.
- Be able to explain the different types of assistance delivered at the hub and refer beneficiaries and other actors to the relevant DRC staff.
- Any other duty as may be required from time to time by the Project Director.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, Agriculture or related social sciences.
- Computer using skills specially office packages and outlook.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience required in the implementation of Livelihoods intervention in humanitarian and development organizations.
- Demonstrated experience to provide technical training on business development and business plan.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified candidates should click the link on the interested position below to apply, and submit their resumes, cover letters and references on a single file to [email protected] in a word document or PDF format before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at www.aun.edu.ng
Jobs in Nigeria | Latest Jobs in Nigeria | Top Jobs in Nigeria Today | Current Jobs in Nigeria