Topnews
Every News That Matters

13-year-old boy commits suicide after finding out his crush has a boyfriend

Harry Storey, told friends on Whatsapp that he was feeling suicidal but they thought he was joking. Later that night on March 1 his father Andrew found his body at their home in Chilton, Oxfordshire.

Mr Storey said: “I could not comprehend what I was seeing.”

He carried out CPR and when his wife walked in he shouted for her to call emergency services. Harry was taken to the John Radcliffe Hospital where he died three days later.

An inquest heard yesterday that it was unlikely that Harry had intended to kill himself. The deceased’s father said: “We watched a programme where the female star had hanged herself but her friends rescued her. It made us wonder whether he had a sensationalised view of what might happen.”

Paying tribute to his son, Mr Storey said: “Harry was a charismatic, caring boy and sport was a huge part of his life, playing rugby, cricket and tennis. He would talk to anyone with ease and he had a natural ability to strike up a conversation, which I admired him for.

“He seemed to us to be just a normal teenager but he did have high expectations of himself. It came as a complete shock to me.”

Detective Sergeant Lou Heffernan-Glover said: “I think he lost consciousness unexpectedly. It could not have been predicted or prevented by his family.”

Coroner Darren Salter recorded a verdict of misadventure.

He said: “Harry did the action himself and had made comments about suicide. However teenagers do say things of that nature.

“There is an element of speculation but it seems to me that Harry did not intend it to be fatal. Therefore the conclusion is one of misadventure. Misadventure is similar to an accident, it is the deliberate undertaking of a risk that goes wrong, causing death.”

Leave your vote

153 points
Upvote Downvote

Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox.
You can unsubscribe at any time
You might also like
9 Comments
  1. Funmilayo130 says

What exactly is this world turning into, what should a little boy know about committing suicide God please have Mercy

2. JoyD58 says

Things that shouldn’t be happening are happening
    13 years old boy??
    What was he thinking?
    Whatever the reason is Suicide shouldn’t have be the solution

3. Loveth85 says

Wow wow I just can’t believe what this world is turning too 13 years old boy for matter I just can’t believe my ears noo totally rubbish if he get to heaven what will he tell GOD that this is what kill me

4. Ayomi10074 says

This is absolutely unbelievable, how can a 13 year old boy commit suicide for such stupid reason?

5. Ostroy_Prince798 says

A 13-year-old schoolboy took his life after finding out the girl he has a crush on had started dating somebody else. for what reason?are they any girls around to crush or chat with?
    Harry Storey you are annoying.
    world ending…..

6. ebush42 says

This little boy at his tends age,
    Why will he kill himself because of a lady, or is it because of what he saw on television

7. Reborn32 says

i can’t just imagine a 13yr old boy having that kind of strong feeling for a girl.

8. Kingsley J Ogah says

9. Kingsley J Ogah says

seemed to us to be just a normal teenager but he did have high expectations of himself. It came as a complete shock to me.” this too unrealistic to me